Udhampur Police recovered six stolen vehicles including 01 Maruti Car and 05 Motor Bikes.
Based on a complaint lodged by one Maan chand R/O W.No. 09 Main bazaar Udhampur about some unknown thieves having stolen his bike bearing registration no JK14E 2435 from Kotli Jijjan area, a case FIR No. 16/2022 Under relevant sections of law was registered at PS Rehambal. A team of PS Rehambal led by SHO PS Rehambal Insp. Nishant Gupta under the supervision of Addl. SP Udhampur Sh. Anwaar Ul Haq and DySP Hqrs. Sh. Sahil Mahajan DySP Hqrs was constituted which raided different places for the search of accused persons as well as stolen vehicles. Further Police rounded up some suspected persons and during the sustained questioning of these suspects, two of them broke down and confessed to the commission of offence.
The identity of the accused persons were established as Ravi Kumar @Arun S/O Hans Raj R/O Patta, Barrola, District Udhampur and Kuldeep kumar S/O Raj kumar R/O Chatta, Jammu. On further disclosure , Police recovered the said stolen bikes alongwith 05 other stolen vehicles (01 Maruti Car and 04Motor Bikes) from them.
The details of the recovered stolen vehicles are;
- Maruti Car Reg. no. CH 03/0375
- Bajaj Pulsar Colour Red Chasis no. MD2DHZZUCA18354
- Bajaj Pulsar bike colour Black, regd. No. JK02BF 0468
- Bajaj Pulsar Colour Black Engine no. DHGBPD84408
- Dissembled Bike Chasis No. MD2DHDKZZSCH29585 Further investigation of the case is going on to ascertain their involvement in any other crime Udhampur Reasi Range Police Police Media Centre Jammu